Tuesday 1 March 2016

Simple Chocolate Cake!

Simple Chocolate Cake!


As it's my dad's birthday, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to make a cake and blog about it. So, instead of making it by hand like usual, I decided to use a Betty Crocker boxed "Devil's Food" cake for quickness. Also, they never seem to go wrong!! Here's how it was made;

Here are my ingredients that I used. For the chocolate box, you need sunflower oil/vegetable oil, water and 3 eggs. To decorate, I have picked the Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Icing, some popping candy sprinkles and triple chocolate curls.



First, you combine the oil, eggs, water and the packet chocolate mix into a bowl and combine for 2-3 minutes with an electric mixer (you can mix by hand, but I found this quicker!

I then placed the mixture, once creamy and combined, into two separate tins. I greased the sides with butter and layered with greaseproof paper before hand to ensure that the cakes didn't stick.
Once baked for 23-28 minutes, I took both cakes out of the oven to cool. Once they had cooled, I removed them easily from their tins, turning them out onto a clean, large plate. Once stone-cold, I filled the middle with half the tub of icing, and place the other cake on-top. I used the rest of the icing on the top of the cake, and then decorated with popping candle and chocolate curls. I then wrapped around a ribbon band to hold the cake nicely and make it more of a celebration cake, than a normal chocolate cake. Here is the finished product;


Love, Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment