Thursday 14 January 2016

New beauty buys!

New Beauty Buys!

Having been shopping recently after Christmas, I bought several items which I'd love to share with you all.


Mac Lipsticks are a firm favourite of mine due to colour and durability. I've seen many recommendations over the last few weeks for Amorous and the simple Mac Red, so I thought I would buy them and try them out for myself. I wasn't disappointed! The colours were so vivid and pigmented which I LOVED. They also were fairly easy to apply, but like with any lipstick in a darker shade, it becomes easier with a lip pencil applied before-hand. In terms of durability, they also receive rave reviews from me. Having put it on in the morning, by lunchtime it was still on with little smudging or discolouration after eating and drinking. Although Mac Red was a little more smudged, and I found much more residue on the cup after drinking. 8/10! £15.50 each from House of Fraser.





I've been a fan of MUA's make up range for a long time, due to the high quality of the products and the value. I especially like how pigmented their eyeshadows are, and how, with the right make up setting spray, they can last all day! I love the colours in this palette, as I feel they are shades that can be adapted to wear with any colour for brilliant results! 9/10 £8 from Superdrug.





Barry M, as with MUA have a brilliant eyeshadow collection, and shortly after purchasing the MUA palette, I was drawn to this beautiful Barry M eyeshadow palette. This I feel is a perfect little gift idea, with its gorgeous cover and simple lay out. Must buy product with simple shades. 10/10.










I've been dying for some Real Technique brushes for a long time, but I've been waiting for the moment the price dropped. And lucky me!! In the New Years sales I managed to get the Real Techniques Core Collection set of 4 brushes for an amazing steal of £13.99 on Amazon, reduced from the usual price of £21.99. They are brilliantly soft and perfect for applying makeup in a profession way. 8/10.














Another product just purchased was the LOreal Paris Le Lip Liner Magique by Color Riche for £3.99. Its a clear lip liner so it can be paired with any lipstick for the perfect application. It fantastic, rather than searching the shops for the right shade to match your lipstick!! 8/10.














The last product I brought was a risky purchase from Primark's makeup collection. Due to the price of £2.50, I really didn't know what to expect with the quality and last of this liquid lipstick in shade "Nude". I was definitely pleasantly surprised! The colour is highly pigmented, and the sheen is gorgeous. However, I dislike the brush applicator which can make the lipstick appear rather gunky and harder to apply. Aside from this, I think Primark did themselves proud. 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment